Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Invincible Iron Man - Number 1

What the hell Greg? My comic book shop of choice is run by a handsome gentlemen with an uncanny talent; He knows the types of comics I'll enjoy. As I was leaving his store last Saturday, he slipped this one in my bag and simply said, "You're going to hate me." I wasn't exactly sure what he meant, but as I read it dawned on me. I HAVE TO GET EVERY ISSUE IN THIS SERIES. So, I finally realized that Greg is like a drug dealer. He offers me a free hit of comics here and there, and then I get hooked and buy more from his store. My wallet and budget hate him, but my mind and heart love him. So it is with Iron Man.

I really have never been a fan of Iron Man. I have always known of him, but I have never picked up a single issue until now. This issue begins with a crazy suicide bombing and Tony Stark bedding a foreign supermodel, the PERFECT intro to the world of Iron Man. Later, the villain makes his appearance in the form of Ezekiel Stane, a wunderkind with a bank roll and cutting edge technology. The heinous part of his tech is the fact that it is Iron Man technology improved upon. And that simple fact SCARES the hell out of Tony Stark.

I was impressed by the detail in the art, the quality in the dialog, and the breadth of the story. I expect that this tale will be one full of twists and turns, plot shifts and betrayals. There are over 20 issues in this ongoing series, and I don't expect to purchase all of those (or have very much finding them). So I plan on purchasing the Omnibus and then catching up with the floppies from that point. All I have to say is I had a one night stand with Tony Stark, and I hope that he calls me tomorrow.

Chad de Lisle is a newly married college student in Utah. He spends much of his day with his wife Hilary and their dog Bobby Dylan. He spends his weekends as a Dungeon Master for his friend's Dungeon's and Dragon's games.

His website: http://www.resmirch.com/.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment